Expense types are entries that can contain price and quantity for different types of work. Expense types can vary according to company’s settings.
- Login to Mobile Worker as an administrator or advanced user;
- Go to the Account menu at the top right corner of the screen;
- From the drop-down menu select Settings;
- Select Classifiers from the settings menu on the left hand side of the screen;
- Select Expense types from drop-down menu.
Creating expense type
- Add expense type by choosing one of the following options:
- Enter the following user information (mandatory in Option 1):
- Expense type: enter expense type name;
- Color: select the color which appears next to the expense type name on a device screen;
You can add and configure additional project data in Option 2:
- Expense type abbreviation: short expense name which is shown in the Timesheet.
- Favorite: make expense type favorite and it will appear on a device at the top of the Hours/expenses add list.
- Require description?: set description requirement for devise user when adding expenses.
- Set expense as active?: controls if the expense type is avaiable on the web app and device app for adding to a task
- Enable quantity? – check this box if the quantity is required on expense entry when adding new expense. If no, then only price will be required. The price is measured in monetary value, the quantity,in units.
- Need check? – check this box if you want to be informed when this expense type has been added. When expense type which needs to be checked is added in employee timesheet view, employee’s hours for the day are shown in pink background.
Editing expense type
- Select expense type and click on Edit icon in the Action column;
- Edit information about the expense type;
- Click Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Deleting expense types
- Choose the expense type you want to delete;
- Click on Delete icon in the “Action” column;
- Click Save button at the top right corner of the screen.
Deleting multiple expense types
- Check the boxes next to the expense type titles you want to delete;
- Click on More icon at the top right corner o the screen;
- Select Delete selected from the drop down menu;
- Press Save button at the top right corner of the window.
Note: you are able to delete only these expense types which have not been used in any task.
Changing expense type order
Changing expense type order allows to group expenses in certain order. This order will be used in device application hours/expenses add list.
- Press Change order icon in at he “Action” column;
- Change expense type order;
- Click on the Save button at the top right corner of the screen.
Deactivating expense types
Deactivation makes selected expense type inactive.